UberCOMMUTE is a revolutionary new addition to the Uber app that allows you to recover your driving expenses through sharing your routine morning and evening trips with Uber riders.
UberCOMMUTE will be available to and from specific cities below during weekday rush hours.
To #ShareYourDrive, simply log into the Uber Driver app during these hours, indicate your final destination, and the app will show requests from rider-commuters heading to the same city at the same time.
Start to #ShareYourDrive:
1. Sign up on t.uber.com/commutePH. Register your details and just upload these documents online:
- Vehicle proof of insurance
- Vehicle official receipt or sales invoice
- Vehicle certificate of registration (car must be 2006 or newer)
- Driver’s license (professional or non-professional)
2. Get activated! The Uber team will review your documents and submit your profile for background check. Your account may be activated within 5 working days.
3. #ShareYourDrive. Once you’re activated, just download the Uber Driver App and start sharing your drive!
Frequently asked questions:
How are fares calculated?
All the trip fares accumulated will be directly deposited into your bank account every week. You savings should typically reflect in your bank account by Wednesday for the trips done in the last week (Monday to Sunday). Note that all trips will be subject to Uber’s 25% service fee.
The fare that rider-commuters pay is simply their share of the costs of the driver-commuters trip.
As a driver-commuter, how will I receive my savings?
All the trip fares accumulated, after deducting Uber’s 25% service fee, will be directly deposited into your bank account every week. You savings should typically reflect in your bank account by Wednesday for the trips done in the last week (Monday to Sunday)
What happens in the case of cash trips?
In case of cash trips, the cash collected by you is adjusted against the total fares earned and the difference is deposited directly into your bank account
How far will I go out of the way to pick up someone else?
uberCOMMUTE matches driver-commuters with other commuters needing a ride in the same direction. A driver-commuter understands that he or she may have to go a little out of the way, but we’ll make sure that it’s only a few minutes out of your way.
How do you know that riders are going in the same direction?
Rider-commuter are required to enter their destination when requesting an uberCOMMUTE. We’ll only match you with other commuters who are traveling to the same area.